Sunday, January 30, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit that implements programs that focus on the racialized and other marginalized groups has appointed Ms. Philice Masinde as the London Regional Chair.
Philice was born and raised in Kenya until 2016 when she moved to British Columbia - Canada with her family. She later on moved to London, Ontario in 2019 to study at the University of Western Ontario and where she resides to date. She graduated with Master of Nursing from University of Western Ontario and Bsc. Nursing from MMUST (Kenya).
Her interest in working with KCA is guided by her professional background as a Graduate Nurse and experience working with grassroot organizations both in Kenya and here in Canada. While in Kenya she worked with a not-for-profit organization dealing with HIV/AIDS, Women, Youth, and Gender Specialties. As the team leader in the health section of the organization, she participated in project planning, management, and evaluation as well as holistic community advocacy and mitigation aspects of health/wellness program. She also volunteers through Prostate Cancer Canada and BCNET. She currently works in a Long-Term Care facility.
She is particularly attracted to the KCA’s open move to work with other stakeholders to address issues related to settlement of marginalized persons including Kenyans and other minorities by elevating their personal/social and economic status.
KCA has 19 regions across Canada and implements various programs including newcomers & settlement; social economic empowerment; children & youth; women & gender affairs; sports & recreation; careers, education & research; seniors outreach; as well as health & wellness.
Contact details for KCA Regional Chairs, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us
LONDON REGIONAL CHAIR
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President. The Regional Chair will also work closely with the Head of Council, The Secretariat and Program Directors. Will oversee of all KCA activities in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in the region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with Cities officials, political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Addresses regional issues in timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitates good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in the region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.