Project: Canada Summer Jobs 2021
Job Location: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Job type: Part-time Contract; Remote Work
Contract length: 14weeks
No. of positions: One (1)
Application Deadline: August 19, 2021
Expected Start Date: August 24, 2021
Compensation: $14.25 per hour; 25hrs per week
Reports to: Project Lead / Head of Secretariat
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities
- Writing, submitting, and uploading press releases as required
- Writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors
- Preparing proposal budgets.
- Implementing a variety of awareness creation strategies and promotional campaigns.
- Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing, Business, or any related field
- One year of fundraising experience is preferred
- Previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable
- Sound knowledge of the charity sector
- Experience working in a team
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills
Suitably qualified persons are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information of 3 professional references through ca.indeed.com
While Kenyan Canadian Association thanks all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls please.
Why Work with KCA
KCA’s work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility, and we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
KCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We promote responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence.
The work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners corresponds to the values and mission of the organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and programs need.