KCA FINANCE & FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR – OPEN VOLUNTARY POSITION
KCA is looking for a community-focused person to join our vibrant team as Finance and Fundraising Director.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA is a federal not-for-profit organization that seeks to address the issues affecting marginalized Canadians especially those of Kenyan origin, the black communities and visible minorities while assisting newcomers to settle and make a positive contribution in the society as they endeavor to achieve their goals.
KCA also focuses on implementing programs and specifically offering services to newcomers, low-income families, visible minorities and socially-excluded groups residing in Canada to improve their personal well-being and social-economic status.
The Finance & Fundraising Director reports directly to the President. Will assume a strategic role in fundraising and overall financial management of the organization
- Provide periodic program reports to the KCA Board of Directors.
- Work in collaboration with KCA Secretariat, Program Directors and other Regional Chairs in the KCA Council
- Establish and provide leadership and guidance to the Finance & Fundraising Committee which will assist in implementation of the Finance and Fundraising Strategic Plan.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Works in partnership with program directors and project leads to provide financial insight and analysis
- Plan, lead and co-ordinate the annual and five-year budget process with the finance and fundraising committee.
- Develop the budget document for submission to and approval of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the appropriate accounting and control systems are in place and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for non-profit organizations
- Ensure proper financial controls are developed, communicated and enforced across the organization including the development and revision of policies and systems related to finance
- Provide leadership to the finance & fundraising committee as well as the Secretariat team of finance assistants and internsMonitor all spending to ensure that expenditures are properly documented and authorized
- Prepare costing analyses in support of funding proposals
- Coordinate annual audit and funder audits, consulting with the external auditors to ensure that all significant accounting issues are being handled in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- KCA positions are VOLUNTARY for the 2020 – 2022 term, with possibility of extension.
- KCA positions are open to ALL CANADIANS.
- All appointed officials are required to sign and adhere to KCA code of conduct.