Published - November 1, 2022
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit incorporated in 2019 that implements programs that focus on the racialized and other marginalized groups is recruiting new Regional Chairs at the grassroot level to join our Council for the remaining three-year term upto July 31,2025. The term for a KCA Council member is 6 years.
We are seeking innovative, energetic, enthusiastic, self-starters, task-driven leaders who are team players committed to uphold KCA values and adhere to our code of conduct while executing their mandates as Regional Chairs.
Regional Chair positions are open for the following regions:
2. GTA East
6. Northern Territories
7. Prince Edward Island (PEI)
Regional Chair Position Summary:
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President and will execute their mandate in coordination with the Head of Council.
The Regional Chair will work closely with the KCA Secretariat and Program Directors and will oversee all KCA activities in their region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in their region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with municipal and provincial officials as well as political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Address regional administrative issues in a timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitate good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in their region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the Head of Council & President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.
1. Only Canadian residents are eligible to apply.
2. The Council positions are voluntary.
3. By submitting this application, you commit to abide by KCA Values and Code of Conduct as stipulated on the website at www.kcacanada.org
4. Please also send latest photo and resume to email@example.com