Published - September 7, 2021
KCA HEALTH & WELLNESS DIRECTOR – OPEN VOLUNTARY POSITION
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA is looking for an enthusiastic community-focused person to join our vibrant team as Health and Wellness Director.
KCA is a federal not-for-profit organization that seeks to address the issues affecting marginalized Canadians especially those of Kenyan origin, the black communities and racialized groups while assisting newcomers to settle and make a positive contribution in the society as they endeavor to achieve their goals.
KCA also focuses on implementing programs and specifically offering services to newcomers, low-income families, and socially-excluded groups residing in Canada to improve their personal well-being and social-economic status.
The Health & Wellness Director reports directly to the President. The role will involve providing leadership and oversight of all health-related activities that will foster physical, social and emotional support.
The Health and Wellness Director will plan and execute community-centric initiatives that promote health, safety and well being. Knowledgeable in health, diet, exercise and lifestyle fields, The Health and Wellness Director should understand the needs of our target groups and use this information when devising plans to better the organization and our program beneficiaries.
Health and Wellness Directors must have knowledge of health practices and policies, prior leadership experience (preferably, the implementation of nutrition or athletics programs) and some management skills.
Education in fields such as Public Health, Exercise Science, Medicine, Nursing, Personal Support Worker, Chiropractic, Kinesiology (Sports medicine), Nutrition and/or other health-related studies is needed..
- Provide leadership in fight against COVID-19 including recovery and resilience.
- Advocate for policies that promote health and wellness among youth, seniors and other target groups.
- Create campaigns and develop materials on topics such as healthy aging, emergency preparedness, vaccinations, proper nutrition, and stress management. They may also oversee grants and grant-funded programs.
- Create fitness regimens that help diabetes patients control blood glucose levels, relieve pain from a torn ligament, aid in weight loss, lower cholesterol or improve blood pressure, for example.
- Teaching seniors and older adults how to perform exercises safely and effectively.
- Equipping program beneficiaries with tools for behavior modification and adjusting their dietary approach.
- Write program reports, collect statistics, and maintain program-related documentation.
- Identify new funding opportunities and preparing funding proposals for health & wellness programming.
- Oversee registration, maintain records, and collect data, provide ongoing evaluation reports as required by funders.
- Facilitate and implement capacity building by training and supporting volunteers as outreach volunteers.
- Provide periodic program reports to the Board of Directors.
- Work in collaboration with Secretariat, other Program Directors and Regional Chairs
- Recruit potential volunteers in the program committee.
Kenyan Canadian Association
Brampton | Toronto
Telephone: +1 888-448-6225
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn @kcacanada
- KCA positions are VOLUNTARY for the 2020 – 2022 term.
- KCA positions are open to ALL CANADIANS.
- All appointed officials are required to sign and adhere to KCA code of conduct.