Interventions and Crisis Support for Survivors and Their Families
To participate, please register for free at Eventbrite
Please join us for the second edition of KCA's webinar series focused on spreading awareness and providing resources to end Gender-Based Violence on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 3:00pm to 5:30pm ET.
The webinar will bring together expert panelists in a conversation revolving around Interventions and Crisis Support for Survivors and their Families.
The Webinar panelists will include:
- LYDIA MUTYABA – Counsellor & Community Activist
- PAOLA GOMEZ – Human Right Lawyer & Co-founder & Director, Muse Arts
- SHIFFO FARAH – Founder, Farah Family Solutions Inc
- SUCHIRA BANERJEE – Director of Client Services, Victim Services of Peel
- SATHA VIVEKANANTHAN – VAW Counsellor, Family Services Toronto
Webinar Host: SANJIT KAUR - Women & Gender Affairs Director, Kenyan Canadian Association
The webinar will be inclusive mainly addressing the impacts of Gender-Based Violence on survivors and families, introduce intervention strategies, as well as provide support resources to those affected.
The Gender-Based Violence Webinar Series is supported by funding from the Government of Canada through the Canadian Women’s Foundation, Safer + Stronger COVID-19 Emergency grant.
Look out for the remaining webinars in this series coming soon:
- Legal and Justice System
- Gender Based Violence and the Media
- Gender Equality and UN Women’s HeForShe
The KCA is dedicated to implementing programs and offering services to newcomers, vulnerable families, racialized and socially-excluded groups residing in Canada. To learn more please visit www.kcacanada.org
If you’d like to see the format of our past webinars, or catch up before you attend this one, access the recorded video on the Kenyan Canadian Associations YouTube channel!