Saturday, September 4, 2021 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit based in the Greater Toronto Area that implements programs that focus on the black community and other marginalized groups in Canada has appointed Ms. Donna Odityo as the New Brunswick Regional Chair.
Donna has a Master of Business Administration Degree from University of New Brunswick as well as a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Degree from Kenyatta University. She is a member of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants - ACCA
Currently she is as a volunteer with the Together Project where she works together with Welcome Group Volunteers to offer effective remote social support to Government assisted Refugees, Protected persons and Refugee claimants.
She is a firm believer in reaching out and helping out those in need as well as fostering partnerships and friendships that promote a sense of belonging within community members. She feels the giving spirit is rewarding and grows her as an all-rounded person.
She is a professional with vast experience and knowledge in Financial and Accounting analysis and reporting amassed over 10 years across various industries. She has worked in diverse Finance Operations Units in the Manufacturing, Not-for-profit and currently the banking industry.
KCA has 19 regions across Canada and implements various programs including newcomers & settlement; social economic empowerment; children & youth; women & gender affairs; sports & recreation; careers, education & research; seniors outreach; as well as health & wellness.
Contact details for KCA Regional Chairs, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us
NEW BRUNSWICK REGIONAL CHAIR
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President. The Regional Chair will work closely with the KCA Secretariat and Program Directors. Will oversee of all KCA activities in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in the region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with Cities officials, political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Addresses regional issues in timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitates good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in the region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.