Tuesday, March 1, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit that implements programs that focus on the racialized and other marginalized groups has appointed Mr. Wycliffe Isaiah Oduor Molah as the Calgary Regional Chair.
Based in the City of Calgary, Alberta Province, Wycliffe has joined KCA Council to represent Kenyans living in Southern Alberta and to serve them with like minded leaders.
He believes Kenyan Canadian Association is a great reality that will enable Kenyans channel their different skills and resources for the betterment of our all Canadians of Kenyan origin across the Country.
Wycliffe moved to Canada in 1999 from Kisumu, Kenya. Back in Kenya, he worked with various organization both Christian and Secular on Environmental and Social Service.
On immigration to Canada, he helped form the first Kenyan Church that later birthed the Kenyan Community Association in Calgary.
He got involved with US-based Trainers for Change based on the principles of Rev. Martin Luther King and has been involved for the last 15 years with Labor Rights, Civic Rights and Human Rights. He is also the current First Vice President of Calgary District Labour Council.
Wycliffe is serving as the President of Kenya Community Association in Calgary which he founded together with other Kenyans. He is serving in his third stint after a two year break. During his 2 year break he served as KCA Calgary's Ambassador At Large. He has also served the same organization for two terms as Secretary.
He feels it will be great honor to serve in the KCA Council to collaborate with other Kenyan Organizations, Groups and leaders across the Country as help to co-ordinate ways to capture the needs and issues of the community so KCA would be in a better place to represent and protect the interests of Kenyans in this Southern part of Alberta.
CALGARY REGIONAL CHAIR
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President. The Regional Chair will also work closely with the Head of Council, The Secretariat and Program Directors. Will oversee of all KCA activities in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in the region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with Cities officials, political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Addresses regional issues in timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitates good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in the region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.
KCA has 19 regions across Canada and implements various programs including newcomers & settlement; social economic empowerment; children & youth; women & gender affairs; sports & recreation; careers, education & research; seniors outreach; as well as health & wellness.
Contact details for KCA Regional Chairs, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us