Saturday, September 4, 2021 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit based in the Greater Toronto Area that implements programs that focus on the black community and other marginalized groups in Canada has appointed Ms. Moureen Ruto as the Northern Ontario Regional Chair.
Moureen is based in Sudbury. She is a dynamic, highly dedicated and compassionate professional making a difference in peoples’ lives. Living in a diverse community that is growing by the day, her main focus is to bring the community together by establishing a common goal and proactively working towards it to ensure stable and independent individuals in an even stronger community.
She believes the newcomers bring with them diverse knowledge and experience that positively impacts the development of our community. Her hope is that she can play a role in nurturing their skills to uplift their social economic status.
Professionally, she currently works as a healthcare professional. She has vast knowledge and experience in the Airline industry having worked with Kenya Airways for more than 10 years.
KCA has 19 regions across Canada and implements various programs including newcomers & settlement; social economic empowerment; children & youth; women & gender affairs; sports & recreation; careers, education & research; seniors outreach; as well as health & wellness.
Contact details for KCA Regional Chairs, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us
NORTHERN ONTARIO REGIONAL CHAIR
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President. The Regional Chair will work closely with the Secretariat and Program Directors. Will oversee of all KCA activities in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in the region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with Cities officials, political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Addresses regional issues in timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitates good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in the region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.