Saturday, January 8, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit that implements programs that focus on the racialized and other marginalized groups has appointed Ms. Sanjit Kaur as the Ottawa Regional Chair. She will also serve as Head of Council of Regional Chairs.
The Head of Council reports directly to the President and is tasked with presenting periodic reports to the Board of Directors from KCA Regional Chairs across the country.
Sanjit joined KCA on April 4, 2020 as Women and Gender Affairs Program Director has been very instrumental in the tremendous growth of the program since inception.
Sanjit is an experienced Entrepreneur with a demonstrated history of working in various industries from Travel & Tours, QM Auditing Processes, Education, Franchising and Direct Selling Industry.
Highly skilled in Business Planning, Operations Management, Coaching, Entrepreneurship, and Team Building. Has strong business and Service background accrued from a variety of Industries, with different roles and expectations. Recently trained and certified as a Rapid Transformational Therapist (RTTP) under Uk’s top Therapist Marisa Peer, she plans to start working with teenagers and young adults, affected by past traumas and experiences.
Sanjit currently owns and operates two Kumon educational franchises in Ottawa.
KCA has 19 regions across Canada and implements various programs including newcomers & settlement; social economic empowerment; children & youth; women & gender affairs; sports & recreation; careers, education & research; seniors outreach; as well as health & wellness.
You can contact Sanjit as follows:
Contact details for KCA Regional Chairs, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us
OTTAWA REGIONAL CHAIR
The Regional Chair will report directly to the KCA President. The Regional Chair will also work closely with the Head of Council, The Secretariat and Program Directors. Will oversee of all KCA activities in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with other Council members to formulate work plans then implement those transformative plans in the region
- Act as the grassroot liaison for the program activities and projects in the region
- Coordinate KCA events and projects in the region in collaboration with project teams and program committees.
- Proactively represent KCA at official functions, events and meetings with Cities officials, political leaders and stakeholders in the region
- Where applicable, organize flag-raising, commemoration and proclamation functions in collaboration with city protocol offices
- Addresses regional issues in timely manner by working with the Secretariat and KCA Program teams
- Facilitates good working relationship with municipalities, political & community leaders as well as other strategic partners in the region
- Submit periodic reports to the Secretariat through the President – ad hoc, quarterly, half-year and annual
- Undertake other Regional activities and initiatives in consultation with the President.