Tuesday, March 1 2022 – Toronto, Ontario.
Kenyan Canadian Association - KCA, a federal not-for-profit based in Canada has appointed Mr. Shuaib Adam as International Relief & Development (IRD) Program Director. The IRD Program aims to provide emergency relief, economic rehabilitation, development assistance, and other services to vulnerable communities in Sub-Saharan African Countries.
Shuaib is a Kenyan Canadian now based in Nairobi since October 2021. He will be Global Head of the IRD program mainly which in the foreseeable future will be focusing on Sub-Sahara Africa.
While still in Canada he joined Kenyan Canadian Association in May 2021 and has been a very active member of the Sports & Recreation Program.
He is both a veteran security and intelligence professional and a Kenyan Sports personality having represented Kenyan in Olympics and other international competitions. He was awarded a Head of State Commendation by the President of Kenya for his achievements.
Shuaib is currently the President of International Police Organization (IPO) - Africa Command and Secretary General of Kenya Olympians Association (KOA) and holds other prominent positions in Sports, Security and Intelligence Agencies across the globe.
Below is a summary of his profile:
- Secretary General of Kenya Olympians Association (KOA)
- A three-time Kenyan Olympian (1984 Los Angeles, USA; 1988 Seoul South, Korea; and 1992 Barcelona, Spain) in shooting. Best Olympic performance in Los Angeles 29th out of 75 World’s best.
- 4th position in the Brisbane Commonwealth Games and holder of 5 Kenya National Records in 5 separate shooting disciplines.
- Gold medalist in 3 shooting events in Tunisia at the All Africa Shooting Championships and Games.
- Winner of the Balito Challenge Trophy at the UK Bisley National Smallbore Rifle Championships in Surrey UK with over 600 participants.
- Winner of various medals and trophies at the Bisley National Pistol Championships.
- Bronze medalist at the World Police and Military Games in Switzerland and at the International Police and Firefighters Games in Dubai.
2. Sececurity & Intelligen
- President International Police Organization(IPO) Africa Command
- IPO HQs - Director Supervisory Coordinator for International Relations & Development.
- Counter Crime Intelligence Organization(CCIO) Africa Command and Kenya Section.
- Presently Security Consultant and Advisor, holding Canadian Security Guard and Private Investigator and Firearms Licences.
- The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) and International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) active member and shooter.
- Steering Committee Member of NARPOK National Association of Retired Police Officers of Kenya.
- Retired SSP Kenya Police.
- Captain of the Swiss Rifle Club Kenya.
- Former Secretary General International Police Association (IPA) Kenya Section, Committee member IPA Canada Region 2.
THE IRD PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
IRD Program will plan and implement short-term humanitarian projects as well as provide long-term innovative solutions that empower and achieve self-sufficiency to program beneficiaries and communities in Sub-Saharan African Countries.
The program focus areas include
- Emergency Response
- Women and Gender Equality
- Health, Nutrition & Wellness
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Security, Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Democracy & Governance
- Environment & Climate Change
Wikipedia Reference is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuaib_Adam
Contact details for other KCA officials, can be found at www.kcacanada.org/index.php/contact-us